Tuesday, 11 August 2015
SYRIA IS WINNING
On 10 August 2015, Prof. Tim Anderson of the University of Sydney tells us why he thinks Syria is Winning.
Accoring to Professor Anderson:
1. Syria is advancing steadily towards a military and strategic victory that will transform the Middle East...
Washington's plans have failed.
2. The reasons:
Assad's army has popular support.
Assad has firm support from key allies, such as Hezbollah.
The opposition is fragmented.
3. NATO has been backing the 'ISIS' terrorists, but the terrorists have made no real advance.
4. Assad's army seems to control 90% of the heavily populated areas.
5. Almost all the atrocities blamed on the Syrian Army have been committed by the western-backed terrorists.
6. Egypt and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are now normalising their diplomatic relations with Syria.
7. The Erdogan Government in Turkey tried to position Turkey at the head of a Muslim Brotherhood region, but has lost allies, is often at odds with its anti-Syrian partners and faces dissent at home.
8. Syria's victory will spell an end to the USA's policy of ‘regime change’ across the region, from Afghanistan to Iraq to Libya.
Syria's victory will also be that of Iran and of the Lebanese Resistance, led by Hezbollah.
Further, the conflict has helped built significant measures of Syrian cooperation with Iraq.
The gradual incorporation of Iraq into the pro-Syria Axis will seal the humiliating defeat of plans for a US-Israel-Saudi dominated ‘New Middle East’.
Continued here: Syria is Winning.