Sunday 11 February 2018

MESSAGES FROM THE DEAD


Jack Robinson (right) and his twin brother Liam.

In 2014, Jack Robinson, from Hampshire in the UK, died at the age of 4.

His brain tumour had proved inoperable.



Jack's parents Terence and Marie Robinson arranged a funeral involving a white horse-drawn carriage surrounded by Star Wars stormtroopers.

dailymail

Three years later, Marie Robinson asked for a 'sign'.

"Please show Mummy a sign" .


Marie Robinson

Marie says: "Early Saturday morning I got in the car and said out loud, 'Jack, please show Mummy a sign' and thought I'll see him after I finished work.

"At 1pm I left work and walked up to his resting place. I was overcome with emotion and I sat on the grass next to Jack."


Jack's identical twin, Liam, visits his grave (Facebook)

"With that a little robin kept flying around me trying to land on me, eventually landing on my foot - he didn't seem scared at all.


The robin stayed with her while she cried (Facebook)

"The robin went and sat on a nearby headstone so I got my phone out to film him being close to me and he flew over and landed on my hand.

"He kept looking at me directly in my face and at one point he landed on my shoulder and nibbled me a couple of times."


The robin kept landing on Marie, which she took as a 'sign' (Facebook)

Marie shared the video on Facebook, saying: "Can't believe what's just happened, come to see my precious boy Jack - just sat down on ground next to him and this happened.

"Yes it brought me to tears. Taking it as a sign from Jack."

...

Robins can be seen as a symbol that loved ones are still there.

"Please show Mummy a sign"


Jack

People are given signs that their relatives are still around.

How robins 'proved' loved ones are still with their grieving relatives / 'He's come to see me': James Bulger's grieving mother sees robins

1. Stacey Woodhouse said: "The day after my Mum's funeral, "a robin flew around us, landing in our picnic table. She then proceeded to hop into our awning and through into our camper van.

"She stayed there looking at us for a good few minutes while I chatted with her.

"I felt an immense sense of calm. My mum loved joining us for camping trips, even it was only for a few hours and a cuppa."

2. Sylvia Rafter: "My Mam passed in June. I was driving home to get clothes when my neighbour was driving towards me.

"We both stopped and I broke down telling her about Mam. She put her hand over her mouth and pointed and there, on my car mirror, was perched a robin... even with the engine running."

3. Sharon Sandford says: "I have always believed robins to be a sign that a loved one is near. Never failed to see one at the cemetery when visiting my brother's resting place.

"My mum died last November and we buried her ashes next to my brother on what would have been his birthday.

"The biggest robin appeared and actually went into the grave. He then hopped over to my Dad and then me. I feel so happy whenever I see one."

...

4. Ann Brady said: "There is a little robin who visited us when we were standing at my son's resting place as well.

"On one of the first occasions we visited and stood there. It hopped down in front of us looked at us. We still see it from time to time. It was a lovely moment!"
5. Corrina Whelan says: "The first time we visited my nana's resting place after she died, a robin appeared on her headstone.

"And for a long time after that a robin would appear on the wall outside the kitchen window every time my mother called to my house. I believe in robins and white feathers."

6. Andrea Helliwell said: "There is often a robin around my late first husband and baby daughter's grave. It brings with it such a feeling of peace.

"My Dad always said he would come back as a robin because everybody loved them. Each time a family member has died, I have seen a robin so now I make sure I feed the robins on my bird table."

...

7. Karon Carr said: "When my dad died in a hospice there was one outside his window and one comes back every year."

8. Diane Atherley said: "At my father's wake a robin walked into the hall were we were holding it in - just in front o. f me. I believe it was Dad saying 'I'm with you all.'"

9. Laney Head commented: "I see a robin every day when I am at my son's grave or walking past his park where he used to play. It is only since 29.12.2016. God bless."

10. Yvonne Boylan said: "My little brother came to me as a butterfly when he died and has done  so since that day."

..

Labels: , , , ,

20 Comments:

At 11 February 2018 at 16:16 , Blogger Roy Hull said...

A beautiful post.

 
At 11 February 2018 at 20:31 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took a walk in the woods while grieving and asked for a sign. I stepped into the sunshine and a big group of butterflies of different sizes and colors flew up and encircled me for a few seconds. I'll never forget it.

 
At 11 February 2018 at 23:15 , Blogger Anon said...

My experience involves swans, clocks and silver teapots.

 
At 11 February 2018 at 23:16 , Blogger Anon said...

Many thanks Robert.

 
At 11 February 2018 at 23:46 , Blogger Kaivey said...

Loved it. Nice one, Aangirfan, so beautiful!

 
At 12 February 2018 at 00:44 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i come from a long line of sometimes famous psychics and yes its all true, all you need is an open mind, the romans beleived in augery or divination from birds, they are indeed messengers, please feed them your table scraps in the garden

 
At 12 February 2018 at 01:28 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both my parents died but I didn't see any Robins. Does that mean they didn't care about my pain? Or do Robins only come for Christians and everyone else is unworthy? Should I assume my parents are in hell because they didn't come to me as a friendly Robin?

 
At 12 February 2018 at 01:43 , Blogger Anon said...

The signs appear in many forms.

 
At 12 February 2018 at 04:06 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprised at the reference to Christianity in your comment. Firstly no religion was mentioned in the moving blog post. Second, birds are highly thought of in many religions, in particular, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and ancient Egyptian belief.

Hell is a state of mind my sad friend. If you let love into your heart, many things will appear to you. The birds are always around you. Taking the time to build a relationship with our natural family members will help you to feel positive again.

 
At 12 February 2018 at 10:29 , Blogger Kaivey said...

My dad told me a story when I was young. He was a baker and his boss, the owner of the bakery, was quite a nasty man. So, one day my dad woke up one morning and he said, please God, if you're there, make my boss be something nice today.

So, when he was at work his boss started baking some cakes and when they were ready and had cooled down he gave everyone of the staff one of them. They were his favourite cakes and when the workers went to eat them he put his hands up to his face, puckering his lips, smiling, and squinting his eyes as if the cakes were so nice, and they were.

 
At 12 February 2018 at 12:31 , Blogger Babushka said...

Beyond Beautiful post Aangirfan.
I was struck by the beautiful and thoughtful farewell this grieving mother gave her little boy.
As you say, the signs come in many forms.
They are together forever 💞
Blessings on all You do xx

 
At 12 February 2018 at 18:55 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do the dead 'die' or do they simply disappear? Are we a focal point or a parentheses in the ether? Few people sufficiently ponder JBS Haldane's iconic quote: "The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."

Do people truly appreciate the finitude of their own imaginations? Imagination relies upon analogs in our reality. In this sense, they 'lack for imagination'. We are radically curtailed in appreciating realities for which we lack prefiguring imagery.

https://fullspectrumdominoes.wordpress.com/2018/02/05/coming-face-to-face-with-indifference/

 
At 12 February 2018 at 19:37 , Blogger Norman Ball said...

I wonder if birds are better attuned to the Principalities of the Air as suggested by Ephesians and GH Pember's Seventh Apostasy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abaU8nfJ8yM&t=54s

 
At 13 February 2018 at 00:21 , Blogger Anon said...

Bless you. xx

 
At 13 February 2018 at 00:25 , Blogger Anon said...

"We are radically curtailed in appreciating realities for which we lack prefiguring imagery."

I like that idea!

 
At 13 February 2018 at 11:27 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. Well you inspired me to do what I've been threatening to do for some time now - flesh this notion out a bit.

https://fullspectrumdominoes.wordpress.com/2018/02/13/2538/

 
At 13 February 2018 at 21:23 , Blogger El Roy 13 said...

The moment I got into my car with my beloved black lab, Jo's ashes, Highwayman, by The Highway Men came on (the first time I ever heard it). And for the next four or so months afterwards it would come on just about everytime I'd turn on my music. I knew, from the onset, it was Jo letting me know that he was still w me. But, it wasn't until about three or four months later that I was able to really listen to the words, while cleaning (of course), that I realized, the song is about reincarnation!

Anyway. I know life is eternal, yet, every single time, I slow down enough to really notice a sign of eternal life, it blows me away as if it's the first time. Every time.

I love this post. Thank you for sharing it.

 
At 14 February 2018 at 20:07 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nietzsche's eternal recurrence is no picnic.

 
At 15 February 2018 at 20:05 , Blogger El Roy 13 said...

It's all perspective, I suppose.

Looking beyond actual signs, I like to look at it all as a mix of, the 1980's film, Made in Heaven, with a touch of The Wheel of Life (Castaneda), and a dusting of The Path of Life (fr arsenie boca).

But that's just me.

You and I will just have to wait and see. :)

 
At 16 February 2018 at 00:44 , Blogger El Roy 13 said...

*** path to the kingdom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home