Monday 22 November 2021

RISE, LIFE AFTER DEATH

...
Paul Kaspar - Rise

L Whitaker wrote - 

As a young child I had a close relationship with a neighbor couple. They were elderly and I looked on them as " grandparents". 

One evening, while getting ready to climb the ladder to my bed ( the top bunk), the husband entered my room and told me he was going on a long journey and wouldn't be back. 

I chattered away asking questions as I climbed the ladder. However when I got onto my bed and turned around, he was gone. 

I shrugged and went to sleep. 

The next morning, at breakfast, I chattered away telling my mother about his trip. 

It's been 60 years...and I still see in my mind's eye, the look of shock on my mother's face. 

This startled me and I stopped talking as my mother sat down next to me and explained I couldn't have seen him...he had died the afternoon of the day before.... 

I wonder to this day how many of us, as children, see people who have " passed" and don't know, until told otherwise. I never saw him again.

In search of the dead.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 30 November 2021 at 22:50 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't fear the reaper.

Is Death some sort of invincible enemy? Umm, nope.

Death is very much a tractable engineering problem. To restore a trillion souls from backups is nothing at all for our Maker. Resurrection, if you prefer.

Death is not oblivion. It is merely a door into a new world.

Do you seriously still believe in this ridiculous world that you inhabit?

It should be obvious by now: Death was vanquished long ago.

---
I believe... Colonel Mustard did it in the study with the candlestick.
  Sorry, Death. You lose. It was Professor Plum.
I said Plum.
   No way. You said Mustard!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home