Wednesday 29 March 2023

TIM WESTWOOD


WESTWOOD

Anonymous has left a new comment on the post 'CHILD ABUSE DISAPPEARS FROM GOOGLE?':

Yet another BBC Nonce DJ cover up ?

Is one of the most prominent BBC Radio One DJ’s of my generation  about to be exposed as a man who has groomed hundreds, maybe even thousands, of teenage girls – some rumored to be below the legal age of consent – whilst he worked for the BBC. 

In another case echoing the actions of former BBC grandee Jimmy Savile, this is a case which may be the end of the BBC as we know it. But, for me, this also brings back personal memories of meeting this radio DJ three times during the period he was most prevalent. So, it’s time I tell you about my three meetings with the BBC Radio One DJ, Tim Westwood, and I’m sorry, but this is all going to get a little wild.

(NB: This is not one of my investigative pieces but rather a personal account of my own experiences of meeting Tim Westwood)

The BBC are scrambling to minimize the damage. The serious allegations of the rape of young girls are mounting up against another of their former-BBC Radio DJ Tim Westwood leading to the Guardian and BBC teamed up to carefully expose their own former-employee in the quietiest manner possible.

https://johnnyvedmore.com/2023/03/15/newshound-17-dj-tim-westwood-accused-of-sex-with-a-14-year-old-bbc-damage-control-101/

johnnyvedmore.com

Real Indie Journalism



August 12, 2022

LOOKING dishevelled in a grey T-shirt and blue tracksuit bottoms, former Radio 1 DJ Tim Westwood has been pictured for the first time since a sex scandal engulfed him four months ago.

The hip-hop DJ, 64, has been keeping a low-profile since bombshell claims surfaced in April.

This week he was in no mood to speak when asked to comment on accusations of sex misconduct and inappropriate behaviour, or to confirm if he had spoken to police.

Westwood, the son of an Anglican bishop, remained silent and looked stern as the Daily Mail asked him a series of questions.

It followed confirmation from Scotland Yard that detectives are investigating four sex allegations against Westwood dating back 40 years.

Earlier this month, it emerged that the BBC received several reports about Westwood in 2012, including two allegations of inappropriate behaviour and sex misconduct – and an accusation that the presenter ‘created a toxic atmosphere amongst those he worked with at the BBC’.

The revelation came after BBC director general Tim Davie at first said there was ‘no evidence of complaints’ against Westwood, who worked at the corporation from 1994 to 2013.

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/news/crime/211554/first-photo-of-westwood-since-sex-scandal-broke

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post 'CHILD ABUSE DISAPPEARS FROM GOOGLE?':

HOW WE MET: MATTHEW BANNISTER AND TIM WESTWOOD Saturday 02 May 1998

Director of BBC Radio and, until recently, controller of Radio 1, Matthew Bannister, 40, was born in Sheffield. After studying law at university he landed a job in BBC local radio as a reporter and presenter; by the early Nineties he had become the man chosen by John Birt to shake up the image of R1.

MATTHEW BANNISTER: I was introduced to Tim by the DJ Pete Tong;

He may play the little-boy-lost, but behind it is a driving force: that sense of real mission. It's overlaid by this engaging charm, which is an incredibly potent mixture. You've got to watch out for it. When I see it coming I'll say: "You're just trying to get round me." It's a potent weapon and women seem to go for it in a serious way.

TIM WESTWOOD:I can always relate to Matthew person to person. Initially when I met him it was all about work. From there I got to know him much more as a friend. Quite early on, Matthew invited me around to his house for dinner and that meant a lot to me. That's when I started to get to know his family and friends. I find this industry, especially the rap game, aggressive and rough. But I feel good and secure with Matthew. He's also a lot of fun. I'm not a great drinker but I do like to party and when I'm out with him I enjoy drinking champagne, talking and getting open about things.

  https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/how-we-met-matthew-bannister-and-tim-westwood-1161345.html

DJ 'SEX CLAIMS' ‘Sex pest’ DJ Tim Westwood was ‘often wined and dined by BBC bosses’

Westwood was the only DJ at ex-Radio 1 controller Matthew Bannister’s birthday do in 1997.

He often visited his home and Mr Bannister, 65, also took him for drinks with former BBC director-general John Birt.

Speaking in 1998 — a time when Westwood is alleged to have slept with a girl of 14 — he said: “My kids adore him.”

He added: “He gets on well with my wife.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19380130/tim-westwood-bbc-bosses-wined-dined/


1 Comments:

At 30 March 2023 at 08:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met Tim Westwood several times through my previous work within nightclubs, and I never found him to be anything other than down to Earth and personable. He was a regular fixture at the club I worked at and I don't recall any gossip about importune behaviour in an environment absolutely dripping with scantily-clad young women, some in their teens. Perhaps he was just very discreet...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home