Monday 23 May 2022

JOHN'S GOSPEL


JESUS - JOHN'S GOSPEL


John's Gospel

1:1-5 - The light still shines in the darkness.

1:9-13 - The light gave people the power to become sons of God.

3:1-2 - One night Nicodemus, a leading Jew and a Pharisee, came to see Jesus.

"Master," he began, "we realise that you are a teacher who has come from God. Obviously no one could show the signs that you show unless God were with him."

3:3 - "Believe me," returned Jesus, "a man cannot even see the kingdom of God without being born again."

3:5-8 - "I assure you," said Jesus, "that unless a man is born from water and from spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

"Flesh gives birth to flesh and spirit gives birth to spirit: you must not be surprised that I told you that all of you must be born again.

"The wind blows where it likes, you can hear the sound of it but you have no idea where it comes from and where it goes. Nor can you tell how a man is born by the wind of the Spirit."



3:9 - "How on earth can things like this happen?" replied Nicodemus.

3:10-21 - "Light has entered the world and men have preferred darkness to light because their deeds are evil.

"Anybody who does wrong hates the light and keeps away from it, for fear his deeds may be exposed.

"But anybody who is living by the truth will come to the light to make it plain that all he has done has been done through God."

..

4:1-7 - Jesus meets a Samaritan woman.

4:8-9 - "Please give me a drink," Jesus said to her.

4:13-14 - Jesus said to her, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again.

"But whoever drinks the water I will give him will never be thirsty again.

"For my gift will become a spring in the man himself, welling up into eternal life."

4:21-24 - "Believe me," said Jesus, "the time is coming when worshipping the Father will not be a matter of 'on this hill-side' or 'in Jerusalem'.

"The time is coming, yes, and has already come, when true worshippers will worship in spirit and in reality.

"God is spirit, and those who worship him can only worship in spirit and in reality."

...

4:31 - The disciples were begging him, "Master, do eat something."

4:32 - To which Jesus replied, "I have food to eat that you know nothing about."

4:34-38 - Jesus said to them, "My food is doing the will of him who sent me and finishing the work he has given me."

5:19-29 - Jesus said, "I assure you that the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing."

"I solemnly assure you that the man who hears what I have to say and believes in the one who has sent me has eternal life."

5:30-37a - "By myself I can do nothing."

6:32-33 - Jesus said: "the bread of God which comes down from Heaven gives life to the world."

6:61-64a - Jesus said: "It is the Spirit which gives life. The flesh will not help you. The things which I have told you are spiritual and are life. But some of you will not believe me."

7:16-18 - Jesus said: "My teaching is not really mine but comes from the one who sent me.



8:2-5 - The scribes and Pharisees brought in to him a woman who had been caught in adultery. They made her stand in front, and then said to him, "Now, master, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act. According to the Law, Moses commanded us to stone such women to death. Now, what do you say about her?"

8:6-9a - Jesus said:  "Let the one among you who has never sinned throw the first stone at her."

8:9b-10 - Jesus was left alone, with the woman still standing where they had put her. So he stood up and said to her, "Where are they all - did no one condemn you?"

8:11 - And she said, "No one, sir."

"Neither do I condemn you," said Jesus to her. "Go home and do not sin again."


"Yin is negative, dark, and feminine; Yang positive, bright, and masculine."

8:31-32 - So Jesus said to some Jews, "Believe me when I tell you that every man who commits sin is a slave."

8:42-47 - "Your father is the devil, and what you are wanting to do is what your father longs to do. He always was a murderer, and has never dealt with the truth, since the truth will have nothing to do with him. Whenever he tells a lie, he speaks in character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

8:58 - "I tell you in solemn truth," said Jesus, "before there was an Abraham, I AM!"



10:34-38 - Jesus said to some Jews: "Is it not written in your own Law 'I have said you are gods'?"

"The Father is in me and I am in the Father."

12:23-26 - Jesus said, "I tell you truly that unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains a single grain of wheat; but if it does, it brings a good harvest.

14:9-14 - Jesus said to his disciples: "Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?

"The very words I say to you are not my own. It is the Father who lives in me who carries out his work through me. Do you believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?"

...

14:15-20 - "I shall ask the Father to give you someone else to stand by you, to be with you always. I mean the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot accept, for it can neither see nor recognise that Spirit.

"But you recognise him, for he is with you now and will be in your hearts."

"You will realise that I am in my Father, that you are in me, and I am in you."

14:21 - "Every man who knows my commandments and obeys them is the man who really loves me, and every man who really loves me will himself be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and make myself known to him."

14:23-24 - "When a man loves me, he follows my teaching. Then my Father will love him, and we will come to that man and make our home within him."

14:24-26 - "The Holy Spirit will be your teacher and will bring to your minds all that I have said to you.



15:1-8 - "I am the real vine, my Father is the vine-dresser.

"He removes any of my branches which are not bearing fruit and he prunes every branch that does bear fruit to increase its yield.

"Now, you have already been pruned by my words. You must go on growing in me and I will grow in you.

"For just as the branch cannot bear any fruit unless it shares the life of the vine, so you can produce nothing unless you go on growing in me.

"I am the vine itself, you are the branches. It is the man who shares my life and whose life I share who proves fruitful.

"If you live your life in me, and my words live in your hearts, you can ask for whatever you like and it will come true for you."

15:9-15 - "Love each other as I have loved you."

~~

Labels:  

1 Comments:

At 23 May 2022 at 10:51 , Anonymous steve p said...

hi there Again , do you have , any info on what The Christ taught called the way , ,
have you ever read about how the holy family kind of moved to wales , the 2nd church in the round ever built is next to were they built st illds and cruig near pencecoed bridgend wales been has good energy , take care ,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home